Thursday, May 28, 2009

What's Been Goin' On Lately...

Well I haven't blogged in a while. My internet connection at home is extremely slow...I live in the country kinda. Thought I'd do several posts in one to save time. It literally takes about 10 minutes to load 5 pics! Let's see what's been goin' on lately!

Our good friends Paige and Russell and their 2 babies (Harrison and Bailynn) came over for dinner last week. Harrison is 17 months and Bailynn is 5 months (right, Paige?...they were both born in January...a year apart!). Harrison and Avie stayed entertained with toys, but Bailynn is still too little to get in the floor and play so we thought we'd try Avie's favorite...the Jumperoo! Avie started it at 3 months (with a blanket stuffed behind her)! We put Bailynn in it and we think she liked it!



And Avie played in the floor!


...in this dress! Her $6 Wal-Mart dress I monogrammed. (Thanks Lindsay for the idea!)




Avie likes to play with my monogramming machine presser foot. This was Sunday after church...in her sweet sailor dress from Nana!
I won this smocked dress on ebay (new with tags!)...it's The Wizard of Oz!



We went to the camp for Memorial Day. We have an annual Johnston Family Reunion there every Memorial Day. We had a terrible scare that day before the reunion! Avie was sitting on the bed (I was RIGHT there!) and leaped off, head-first on the concrete floor. It was the loudest "conk" I've ever heard! I FREAKED OUT! I seriously thought she had cracked her skull...and hits like that can trigger seizures, so given her history, I couldn't just wait this out and see how she was an hour later. I had turned my back for 2 seconds to zip up my make-up bag and she just jumped so quick! I never put her on the bed because she's so mobile now, but I was standing right on the edge of the bed with her. It just happened so fast. I jerked her up (I think I cried more than she did!), got her a bottle, jumped in Chad's truck with her in my lap (Britney-style) and sped down to the Johnston Pavilion (15 seconds down the road where the reunion was and where Chad was). There were people all in the road and they're were NOT moving, so I threw the truck in park and jumped out and called for Chad. He got in the truck (we buckled Avie in her carseat, I promise!) and we rushed an hour and a half to St. Francis ER. Needless to say, she was absolutely fine and laughing and playing the whole way there. The doc said not to worry, she hit the thickest part of her skull. She didn't have so much as a bruise or a bump! Thank you Lord! We headed back to the reunion and had a wonderful rest of the day. I got the Mother of the Year Award that day, dontcha think? Avie forgave me!
This is Avie and Pops on her first 4-wheeler ride! (She and Caroline wore matching outfits I made...I'll post that next!)





And this is Avie playing with magazines in my bathroom. She SHREDS them! It's pretty cute, and messy!
And after a long day yesterday (she's got a snotty nose and a mild ear infection), this is how I found her when I checked on her. I guess she couldn't decide if she wanted to sleep on her tummy or her side...so she did both. I had to uncover her and take pics of this!

And this morning, she played and played!!!

...and tried to pull up on the couch! That's something the OT is working on with her.

I got a cute grin from my little snot-face!

3 comments:

  1. just saw your blog through jessie's! avie is adorable! and i am super jealous of that wizard of oz dress - too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving your $6 purchase monogrammed! SO cute!!! I may have to invest in a machine...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey shelley, I came across your blog...wow Avie has gotten so big and I was wondering how much you charged for monograming. I have a ton of stuff I need to have done.

    Thanks,
    Erica Moser Ryan

    ReplyDelete