Friday, May 29, 2009

Some things I've made lately...

Well I've been monogramming and appliqueing up a storm lately! I have atleast 10 friends having babies this summer. I've really enjoyed making them their own special things.

I appliqued the lemon on this little striped onesie for a friend's baby shower and added the baby's name.



And I also monogrammed this precious blanket! Avie had a "blankie" similar to this...furry on one side, satin on the other.


Ok, so this is actually for my own baby. Nana bought her this little dress for like $6 at Ross a while back, so I monogrammed it and the bloomers and...VOILA! (oh, and Lindsay, I love this font! Thanks!)




Ooh, I loved this one. $3 onesie from Wal-Mart and a lobster applique...too cute!


...and an appliqued froggy burpie




Oh, and this is for me. I got these burnt orange linen cocktail napkins from the Townsend House a few weeks ago. I wanna say were like $8 each and then 75% off...so I bought all they had! I use them as coasters.


My friend Lisa's niece is having twin girls. She asked me to monogram a bunch of things for them for a shower. She wanted to give her a bunch of monogram stuff...this was my first big job! (yes, I'm doing this as a little side business so let me know if you need anything!)

I did 2 little beanies.



And 2 linen pillows...



And 2 linen bibs (they're so pretty and dressy!)...do you like the shadow of my fingers in the pic? Nice!



And bloomers with their first and middle names on them!



...and of course, pink blankets. These are so cozy!



And I know the mama of the twins, so I made her something from me! These birdies remind me of Avie's Potterybarn bedding.



Ok, in my last post I mentioned making Avie and Caroline matching outfits. Here they are! I appliqued an octopus onto a $3 Target tank! I got these little polka dot sailor capris at Ross for like 4 bucks! How cute did this turn out?! Thanks, Lindsay, for the applique!




3 comments:

  1. come whenever u can! we love the blanket too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. by the way... i have a bubble outfit i need monogrammed. interested in doing a job for me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did I miss this post? Oh my gosh! LOVE ALL OF THIS! So glad you love the appliques. I love the fonts you used. So sweet. I can't program my machine to stitch out names like you do. Does your screen let you do it on the actual machine. I can't remember if you have to hook up to the computer or not.......help?! I am buying a new machine and I need all the advice I can get! :) Love every bit of it!

    ReplyDelete