Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mother's Day and Avie's Baby Dedication

Avie's Baby Dedication happened to be on Mother's Day. I thought that was pretty special. I got to dedicate my child to God on my first Mother's Day. It was a wonderful weekend. It started with Friday, Chad and Avie went shopping for a gift for me (the "H" flag in the pics...I'd wanted one for a while but once Avie got here, I forgot about stuff for me!). Since they weren't home, I thought I'd do a little shopping and have some "me" time. Funny, they made it home before I did! Saturday, we headed to Ruston to see Tata, Nana, and Pops. And then Sunday...I got up with Avie and spent some one on one with her (she's the reason I celebrate Mother's Day anyway). When daddy got up, he gave me my present! We took our time getting ready for church and let Avie get her nap. Then it was off to baby dedication! Our families were there to witness Avie's special dedication. We didn't get pictures because the whole family had to go up there. But my friend Amanda videotaped it for us! We took some pics once we got home...

Like my flag??


Nonna and Avie



Tata and Avie


Daddy and Papa visiting...




Grandmama and Mamaw



4 generations...


Nana and Nonna



Aunt Jess and Avie


Avie and Nana



Avie and Tata again!


"Happy Mother's Day, Mama!", says Avie.



The ones I love the most...

And when it was naptime, this is what Avie wanted to do...



...sit in daddy's big chair and play with batteries...

No comments:

Post a Comment