Friday, April 29, 2011

Church Easter Egg Hunt

This was our first year to attend the church Easter Egg Hunt. Of course she was too little to enjoy it her first Easter...and then I can't remember why we couldn't make it last Easter. Anyway, this is a lot of pictures, but she had SUCH a great time, I couldn't narrow it down.

(before we headed to the church)




She's so funny to me...


We met up with our friends Erica and Finleigh-Kate. Finleigh-Kate and Avie wanted to go through the blow-up tunnel together. I was shocked that Avie wanted to do this....because...


...this looks scary for a toddler!


...but they came out laughing and smiling!



...and then went to the jumpers!


...and then slid down the slide!


Getting ready for the Easter egg hunt! I let Avie go with the 3-4 year olds instead of the 2 and under. The 2 and under were basically "just started walking" kids and since Avie is almost 3, I thought it was more appropriate for her to go with them.


...but when they said "GO!", Avie freaked out! Those kids were like mustangs in a stampede. Seriously, they went nutso...and it scared her to death! I immediately picked her up and tried to help her. But those kids are swift! Avie got 1 egg. She was completely satisfied though...to get away from there! 



So we headed for the playground...


Look how long her legs are! She's my child for sure. With a daddy that's 6'4" and me, 5'9"...she's gonna be tall!


I wish we had the perfect tree at home for a tire swing...we have one at the camp and she LOVES it.


Avie's first pony ride.




She's REALLY into playing ball. We got her a Minnie Mouse t-ball set and she loves it.


This was the cutest train...made out of barrels and pulled with a Rhino. So fun! My camera battery died right after this pic so I didn't get a full shot of the train!


It was a super-fun day. Avie had a GREAT nap afterward and then she and Chad went down the road to his best friend's house to play while I started getting ready for my Grandmom's 80th birthday party!

No comments:

Post a Comment