Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Natchitoches Christmas Festival 2010

We took Avie to Natchitoches for the Christmas Festival Saturday. The weather was perfect...actually a little on the warm side, but it was still nice. We got there around 11 and watched one of the parades, then we headed down by the river to eat at Antoon's...very good restaurant. After that we met up with my friend, Michelle, at her step-brother's real estate company to watch another parade downtown.

This is Michelle's husband, Bernie, and their little boy, James. James turned one in August.





Isn't he a doll?


Michelle and I with our babies...


After the last parade, I walked in some of the shops while everyone sat on the curb and rested (you know I never get tired?). Then we found a spot on the STEEP riverband (I was a bit terrified of my child rolling down the hill and me flying headfirst to catch her...but luckily that didn't happen) to watch the fireworks. Check out this crowd. (if you can see it...it's pretty dark)




There were SOOOO many people there.


There fireworks lasted about 30 minutes...VERY much worth the drive. They were absolutely beautiful. I've seen them several times, but it's been atleast 6 years. The first one scared Avie but she got over it really fast and enjoyed the rest of the show. We both laid our heads on Chad's shoulder to watch the fireworks and for a minute, it felt like we were the only ones there. It was magical.

No comments:

Post a Comment