Thursday, March 26, 2009

Sweet children of God

I was led to this first one after I brought Avie home from the hospital. They're a friend of a friend of a friend. The blog touched my heart. I followed this baby everyday until he passed away a few weeks ago. I felt like I knew him. He was only a few days older than Avie. I know we had our own scare back in July and I praise God that His will for Avie's earthly life was to let us keep her here for a while...a LONG while! Somehow, through Jameson's blog, the Lord has led me to these other blogs. I feel like He was saying, "Shelley, I healed your baby. Look at these babies and how faithful their parents are. Would you have trusted me this much if I hadn't healed Avie here on earth? Would you stay faithful to me if you were ever faced with something this difficult again? Would you praise me through the storm?" I'm answering these questions and growing more and more in my faith daily. Yes, what happened to Avie made my faith stronger. Chad and I praise Him daily for what He did for us. We, as Christians, will always have room to grow. And our faith is continuously growing. Yall, these parents are sitting at their child's bedside praying to the Father that He heal them. I thought if maybe I posted their blogs on my blog, more prayer would go their way. I'll also have their widgets on the side of my blog, so copy them to your blog if you want.

http://jtsetsma.blogspot.com/

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/gracyndenbesten

http://patriceandmattwilliams.blogspot.com/

http://www.mycharmingkids.net/

...and this is a mama that didn't get to take her baby home from the hospital...and she stayed strong, faithful, and praised Him through the storm. In fact, she carried her baby girl knowing that she would go to be with the Lord shortly after birth. This mama is the wife of one of the singers in the band Selah (we had one of their songs sung at our wedding). I love this quote from her blog: "And I know there'll be days when this life brings me pain. But if that's what it takes to praise you, Jesus bring the rain." (it's a MercyMe praise song)

http://audreycaroline.blogspot.com/

I felt led to share this with you.

2 comments:

  1. I love, love the audreycaroline blog. Her story and her writing is absolutely amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey shelley-love your blog-great colors! i started reading a caringbridge site a couple of years ago, and i still read a good many sites. i read a couple of the ones you mentioned in your post. it's so weird how you feel like you get to know some of the families. i am just in awe at the strength of their faith. it's kind of interesting how i leave comments on their blogs, thinking to somehow help them to feel a little bit better, but then i am the one who ends up feeling incredibly blessed! avie's gorgeous-i don't think it's possible for her to take a 'bad' picture!

    ReplyDelete