Monday, March 30, 2009

Alphafest

We (me and Emmy) took the girls to Alphafest on Saturday. I'd never been before, but Nana started the babies their own collection of Alphakidz books so I thought it'd be fun to go. Plus, Cindy Foust (the author) was there to sign books. I wanted to get Avie's signed. There were lots of fun games and activities for the kids. There was also a dance recital. There was a sock hop (which Molly did not want to leave! She had a blast dancing!) and Cindy Foust held a storytime for the kids. It was neat to see her read her own stories. Austin Alligator was supposed to make an appearance...that's all Molly talked about. When he finally came out, all Molly could say was "I wanna go home! I wanna go home!" (while she was hanging on for dear life to the stroller handle). I'm not making fun, Em, I really did think it was kinda cute! Bless her heart, Molly doesn't like people in costume... especially the Chick-fil-a cow!!! I got Avie the 3rd book (C) for our first alphafest!

Molly and Avie


Avie (she looks like she was preoccupied and then turned for a quick shot)


Sweet Caroline (she is all smiles all the time...and she loves it when Shell-Shell makes ugly faces...she just laughs!!!)


Again, Avie just graces us with a glance so I can take a quick picture. She was so into this. She loves just looking at everything going on. Very observant...very nosy. Wonder who she gets this from?!



Little Miss Caroline


I got a smile from my sweet girl! She knows what to do for a camera now...she smiles instantly when she sees it.




Can you see where they spraypainted Molly's hair? I think every kid there went to the "hair painting" booth and got their hair sprayed"


2 out of 3 of my favorite little girls!


a better shot of the red hair paint...












No comments:

Post a Comment