Thursday, March 10, 2011

A little sewing...

My friend Jessie sent me a pattern for a knot dress she'd bought to have a dress made for her little girl. I'm not real big on patterns. I have to have my mamaw's supervision when I'm sewing something new or from a pattern. But...I loved the dress, so I decided to give it a shot by myself! The pattern was easy to follow...although I tweeked it a bit.

I love the coordinating floral and cheetah fabric. I love that the cheetah print is shabby colored...blue, olive, brown. Hobby Lobby has the best coordinating prints! I got a bunch...and I plan on making several things this weekend...including the ruffly boutique pants I always make her, of course!

How sassy is she? Her daddy was finishing up her bedtime story when I finished the dress. I couldn't wait to see it on her and take pics, so I took her pjs off and put her dress on! It fits perfectly!

3 comments:

  1. SO cute!! Jessie gave me the same pattern, so I'm glad to see it in real life! Gives me more motivation to attempt sewing again! Love the patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Meant to say: "love the materials!" ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this dress. She is so cute in this. Would you share the pattern with me. I would like to try to make it for Bailynn.
    Donna Atkins

    ReplyDelete