Monday, March 14, 2011

Little Girl Clothes

I have had the hardest time finding cute spring/summer clothes for Avie! I don't really need any smocked things this summer (of course, unless I really found a steal!)... Avie wears her smocked dresses for like 3 years...no lie yall...I buy them a size too big and hem them for a year, then I let it down to its original hem the next year, then the third year, we add interfacing and let the hem down as far as it'll go! Talk about getting your money's worth! And she wears her smocked outfits/dresses to school so it's not just special occasion clothes! They wash up fine! This will be the 3rd year for the cupcake dress in this post. And it's this ladybug dress's 3rd year too! (she'd just turned 1 in this pic...and is standing on her own! she didn't walk til 14 months, so this was a huge deal for us!)


So basically, I just need some cute outfits and play clothes for her. I usually find cute play clothes at Target...you can get a cute outfit from there for 6 bucks and monogram it...and it's adorable! (I did get a few things there last night). Has anyone been to Kid's Closet lately? They have bedazzled tank/ruffled pants sets for $96. Really? Do people pay that for something their child only fits in for a few months??? And it's not even smocked?! I decided I wanted to make some things for Avie...Hobby Lobby has the cutest "boutique" fabric and you can make things cuter than what's in the store...if you have the right fabric! I already posted the knot dress I made last week. I also made a cute ruffly skirt (pics to come). Friday and Saturday I made a bunch of ruffled pants with tops to go with them. Here are just a couple she's worn so far...I'll post more as she wears them!

Yes, my girl is a little sassy...and funny...she "poses" for pics on the babydoll aisle at Target. Gotta love the hands on the hips...
(Thanks Lindsay for this applique you sent me like 2 years ago! This is the first time I've gotten to use it!)


Many of you know I'm not a fan of jeans on little girls. If you are, I'm not trying to offend! I just feel like jeans make them look older and I'm NOT ready for mine to look like a child...she's still my baby! However, I did buy her a pair of jeans in December to go with her Christmas appliqued tees. And they were cute. But, I haven't seen anymore of that type at Target. Every child needs jeans to go with basic t-shirts and such...so I made some ruffly denim pants! Aren't they fab?! (you really can't tell too much about them since she's standing on the brown rug...but imagine dark denim with big ruffles at the bottom!) I just bought some cute printed "play tees" at Old Navy and Target to go with these. I made some lighter denim ones too.


And I know, she's not a baby anymore...these pics make that obvious...but she's MY baby!! They grow too fast and it makes me sad :(

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, Mrs. Shelley! Sign us up! Wanna make us some clothes? LOVE THOSE!!!!! And... I'm anti-jean too. ;)

    ReplyDelete