Tuesday, April 21, 2009

To: Chad

I am warning you, you may not want to read it...this post is super-cheesy, and you may get a little nauseated because of all the lovey-dovey sappy stuff...just preparing you...

I would like kick a shout-out to a very special person. He's my best friend and the best dad in the world. He's tall and good-looking. He's Godly, kind, helpful, family-oriented, compassionate...and he puts up with ME! He's my husband! Today we celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary. I woke up to a bouquet of hot pink tulips and they were gorgeous. My favorite. We went for sushi tonight while Nana and Pops kept Avie. We had a very good day and I look forward to many more happy years with this man. I was going to post a list of all the reasons I love Chad, but we read in our devotional the other night that you're not supposed to love your spouse because...you're supposed to just love them, period. Not for reasons. Unconditionally. It's agape love. So...I'm gonna spare you the list. Besides, it's not really "reasons I love him", it's just "qualities I love about him". Cause the thing is, if he didn't have all those qualities, I'd still love him! Here are some pics of our journey thus far...



One of my favorite pics of him!!! This was after Lindsey's wedding.


Orange Beach 2005...we'd been dating 5 months and I went to the beach with his family. Had a BLAST!


Our first vacation together! This was our 1-year "dating" anniversary. We went to Branson for a long weekend. He loves Bass Pro, I love the outlets, the shows, and the restaurants! Move over senior citizens...I love Branson!!!






The night we got engaged! October 2, 2006. We went to Tim and Emmy's to show them my ring! I was so excited...can't ya tell?!








This is where we got engaged.






Right here on the screened-in front porch. Chad lived in this house by himself for about 8 months before we got married...then I moved in! We house-hunted for so long and didn't find anything, so we decided to stay here til we did. That's when we decided to build. At the time, I wasn't too fond of this house. It was falling apart. The floor was rotting underneath the carpet and the carpet always felt a little damp. There was linoleum in the kitchen and bathroom and it was coming up in spots. There was no garage or carport, so we had to keep our deepfreeze in the kitchen. There was little cabinet space so we had to get a little prefab cabinet from Target for our pantry. There was no closet, so we had to hang our clothes in the laundry room and on rolling hanging racks. There was no shower...just a footed tub. All the walls were white. No central heating or air. Just gas heaters and window units. You name it. It was a pure bachelor-pad. Sometimes, I was a little embarrassed to invite people over. Do I sound like a snob or what? But now that I'm not there, I miss some things about it. Living there taught us to appreciate the little things. Like, it doesn't matter where you are, you can make memories anywhere and you can make any house your home. I miss being able to walk into my laundry room. Would you believe that our year-old house has a laundry room that you can't get into? You can't even open the door all the way because of the dryer. Can you imagine me 9 months pregnant, trying to do laundry? I miss being all the way across the house and still being able to hear what each other is saying. I miss sitting on the couch together every night because we didn't have a choice. Ha ha. Now Chad has a big chair! I miss that big, footed tub! I miss the window units! Those window units give off some good, cold air in the hot Louisiana summer! Anyway, I never took pictures of this house when we lived there, so Chad took me back before anyone else moved in so I could take some pictures. I really don't want to forget this house. I failed to mention that I actually "girlied" up the house. I decorated it and made it as non-bachelor-pad as I could!








One of our engagement pics. This was our newspaper one.







And then we got hitched!










...and almost a year later, i was 5 months pregnant...






Our first Christmas as parents



...all because two people fell in love...


Happy Anniversary Chad.

No comments:

Post a Comment