Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Paying homage to Alec...

My first teaching job out of college was at Reed Avenue Elementary in Alexandria. I loved living there...there were so many different stores, restaurants, and other things to do. I'd lived in Ruston for 15 years and wanted a change. However, I didn't know anyone and it's hard to meet friends when you only go to work and then go home every weekend! I moved to Shreveport the next year to be closer to friends and my sister. I still love Alec and love going there. I hadn't been in a few years (when I was engaged---me, mom, Emmy [sis in law] and Holly [cousin/former roomie] went to a bridal fair there). I've always talked about shops and restaurants to Chad. I tell him all the time "we just need to hop in the car and drive to Alec one day for a change of scenery. It's only an hour and a half away.". Well, we did last weekend and had a blast! My favorite restaurant was Oriental Wok. Love that place!!! It's the first Chinese restaurant I've been to that wasn't a buffet...Tiny Spicy Chicken...my fav! Chad's heard about it for YEARS from me and finally got to try it. Yeah, I took pics. He loved the place too! We shopped for the rest of the day...Chad wasn't thrilled about that, but didn't complain. We were gonna take Avie to the zoo but it was too chilly and windy and we didn't want her to get an ear infection so we opted not to go. We went to meet my brother and his family for dinner when we got back. Perfect day!


mmm....Tiny Spicy Chicken!!!



She was zoned-in on those chopsticks...


Avie-girl loves her daddy...







1 comment:

  1. Hi Shelley, what a cute family you have!~ I bought the lemon branches at Pier I also, they where 12.00 each, but I love them and they look so happy! Have a great day and hope to see you again! Debbie

    ReplyDelete